By Geneviève Nadeau, our nutritionist at Pacini.
– 6 tomatoes
– 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
– 2.5 ml (½ tsp) sugar
– 2.5 ml (½ tsp) salt
– 5 ml (1 tsp) Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 85°C (185°F)*.
- Remove the tomato stems.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges.
- Seed the tomatoes by hand to remove the juicy portion, but keep all of the flesh.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the tomatoes so they don’t touch.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, then season with sugar, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Allow to dry for 1½ to 2 hours, according to your desired texture.
- Once out of the oven, let the tomatoes cool to room temperature, then refrigerate in an airtight container.
*If your oven cannot be set lower than 90°C (200 ° F), dry your tomatoes at its lowest temperature. Baking time will be shorter. Check your tomatoes often to prevent them from cooking and turning brown.
Dried tomatoes are delicious in sandwiches, green, pasta or quinoa salads, pasta dishes – just about anything!